Customer personas are fictional personality types created by analysing research and data about your customers such as demographics, behaviours, motivations, and goals.
Personas create a view of who you need to focus on when you're problem solving and conceptualising solutions. They help articulate who the customer is, how the problem affects them, and their needs. As ficitonal, generalised characters they encompass the various needs, goals, and observed behavior patterns among your real and potential customers. They help you understand your customers better.
- Create a sketch persona for each audience segment
- Give your persona a personality and name
- Include key behaviours, motivation, goals and frustration or pain points.
The information that can be captured for the persona is:
- Name of the persona
- Marital status
- Salary/household income
- Location: urban/suburban/rural
Goals and challenges
- Primary goal
- How you help achieve these goals
- Primary frustration
- How you help solve these problems.